“The goal of social media is to turn customers into a volunteer marketing army.” -Jay Baer
When it comes to digital marketing, Social media platforms are incredibly important. With 9 out of 10 internet users using social one or the other social media platform, it is out of the question to leave such a valuable method behind.
Are you looking for a comprehensive list of social media statistics for all channels? Look no further! We’ve scoured the web and compiled an extensive list of up-to-date stats for all the major social media channels. Get ready to be amazed by some of these facts and figures!
1. Brands must continue to create and publish their content. Approximately 84% of consumers expect brands to create their content, according to Smallbizgenius.
2. With 59% of the world’s population using social media, it literally has taken over the world and our free time. Every user spends an average of two hours and 29 minutes per day.
3. Social media is arguably the most significant channel in digital marketing. Social media is preferred by 71% of Gen Z-ers for discovering the latest products. Millennials’ use of social media is just as staggering at 51%.
4. With almost 3 billion users, Facebook still dominates social media. The Second place belongs to YouTube, which has 2.5 billion users.
5. Marketing budgets for brands are heavily devoted to social media marketing. Approximately $173 billion was spent on social media advertising in 2022.
Social media usage is no secret (guilty as charged). Here is a quick snapshot of how usage changes, which networks are winning, and how hooked consumers are on social media.
1. As of 2022, over half of the global population (59.3%) currently uses social media.
2. At least four social media channels are used daily by 98.55% of people.
3. Social media statistics show that 91% of social media users access social networks via mobile devices.
4. Every month, the average person switches between seven social networks.
5. 95 minutes a day are spent on social media across all platforms by adults.
6. The majority of Reddit users are male. The percentage of male internet users between the ages of 18 and 29 who say they use Reddit is 15%.
7. TikTok’s US user base has grown by 105% since two years ago.
Social media engagement rates reveal how much engagement users have with your posts and content and the effectiveness of your campaign. For your social strategy in 2023, here are some stats on social engagement:
1. Mobile devices account for 80% of Twitter engagement.
2. Facebook Page engagement rates across all post types average 0.07% or one engagement per 1,429 followers.
3. Instagram’s carousel posts have the highest engagement rate of 1.92%.
4. 0.75% of Instagram business accounts have less than 10,000 followers.
1. According to Statista, the global social media advertising spending was around 116 billion U.S dollars. The source projected that it would lead to a whooping of 262 billion U.S. dollars by 2028.
2. The social media video advertising is expected to reach $79.28 billion in 2024.
3. In 2022, Social media managers, and social media marketers spent $65.31 billion on social media advertising.
1. Facebook is the world’s most popular social media platform.
2. The number of Facebook users is 2.93 billion per month.
3. A 39 million user increase represents a 1.3% year-over-year increase.
4. The average person spends almost 20 hours per month on Facebook.
5. Facebook is the third most popular social media channel behind WhatsApp and Instagram.
6. In terms of brand value, Facebook ranks 7th in the world. There was a bumpy ride for Meta’s stock price in 2022, but Facebook’s brand value remains strong.
7. Every day, over one billion stories are posted across Facebook’s apps. Across Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp, Stories continue to grow in popularity. In the future, 62% of users will use Instagram and Facebook Stories even more.
8. In the United States, 70% of adults use Facebook. Only one site ranks higher at 83%, which is YouTube. At 47%, Instagram is ranked third.
9. In 2023, 7% of Gen Z users plan to discontinue using Facebook. In addition, 25% of users plan to spend less time on the platform.
10. The average American spends 30.1 minutes on Facebook every day. Although Facebook is ranked third in global monthly usage, it ranks fifth in daily use time by American adults.
11. Facebook is the source of news for 31% of Americans. Although that’s down from 36%, it’s still much higher than any other social network. In second place is YouTube, where 25% of Americans regularly get their news.
12. As a result of copyright, trademark, or counterfeit reports, Facebook removed 5,057,300 pieces of content in the first half of 2022.
13. In 2024, Facebook’s ad revenue is expected to reach $75.11 billion. After reading those last two Facebook advertising statistics, you won’t be shocked to hear that Facebook’s ad revenue dropped in 2022.
14. In 2022, Facebook Reels accounted for 3.3% of ad impressions.
15. There is only a 3.3% audience share. The potential audience for reel ads is half that of story ads.
17. Each day, more than 140 billion Reels are played across Facebook apps. From May 2022 to October 2022, that number increased by more than 50%.
18. Facebook users visit local business pages at least weekly in 66% of cases.
19. Over the next few years, one-third of Facebook’s users will purchase on the platform.
Twitter is one of the most popular social media networks, with over 330 million users. Here are some interesting Twitter statistics for marketers:
1. According to Twitter data, there are 450 million active monthly users around the world. Despite its falling popularity compared to platforms like Facebook and Instagram, which have millions of users, Twitter still has a loyal audience that logs in regularly.
2. In terms of social media marketing, Twitter ranks fourth. A survey found that 53% of brands included microblogging in their social media marketing plans.
4. In the United States, 92% of tweets originate from 10% of Twitter users.
5. There are slightly more iPhone fans on Twitter in the UK. Twitter’s iOS app has been downloaded over 162,000 times, but the Android app has only been downloaded 150,000 times.
6. The United States has the most Twitter users with 77.75 million. Japan, India, Brazil, and the United Kingdom ranked the top five.
7. Twitter users in the UK are slightly more likely to be fans of iPhones. Twitter’s iOS app has been downloaded over 162,000 times and its Android app has been downloaded 150,000 times.
8. Twitter reports that people spend 26% more time viewing ads on Twitter than on any other social media platform. Considering Twitter ads perform well, it’s no wonder many brands use Twitter to market their products.
9. In 2023, Twitter’s user count is expected to reach 335 million.
10. There are 42% of Twitter users have a college education. American Twitter users are among the most educated in the world. There are 33% of Twitter’s audience members have some college education, and 25% of them are still in high school or less.
11. Recent research has revealed that Twitter has the lowest cost per click of all social networks analyzed. Facebook is ranked second in terms of affordability with a CPC rate of $0.38.
12. Twitter has a remarkable link engagement rate. Link clicks account for 92% of the platform’s user interactions.
13. Keeping up with the latest news is the most common activity on Twitter.
Facebook has been scrutinized in recent years, which has benefited Instagram. Despite Instagram’s 2 billion users in 2022, brands are still scrambling to gain more followers.
There are, however, some challenges associated with the network. Once the go-to social platform for influencers, Instagram faces competition from other apps like TikTok, and its younger user base is dwindling.
Even so, Instagram’s future looks bright thanks to relatively high engagement rates, new e-commerce features, and big ad spending.
1. Out of the 1.4 billion monthly active users on Instagram, there are more than 200 million businesses. 71% of the 200 million businesses on Instagram claim to use the platform for business purposes.
2. Every day, Instagram users share 95 million photos and videos.
3. In the Apple Store, Instagram is the second most downloaded free app.
4. Globally, Instagram is the 4th most popular social media platform.
5. The number of Instagram users is almost as high as that of Facebook users. On average, they spend 53 minutes per day browsing versus 58 minutes per day on Facebook.
6. Instagram posts are 71.9% photos. Videos make up 4.2% of Instagram posts.
7. Carousels make up 13.9% of Instagram posts.
8. Users log into their accounts at least once a day, according to 62% of them.
9. In general, Instagram users engage most during the afternoon hours, particularly between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
10. There are 47.8% of female Instagram users and 52.2% of male Instagram users.
11. There are 31.2% of Instagram users are between the ages of 25 and 34.
12. Instagram Reels has a potential audience of 758.5 million people.
13. The average engagement rate of all types of posts as of October 2022 is 0.54%.
14. It is best to post on Instagram on Wednesday between 9 and 11 a.m. Central Standard Time. As people tend to check their Instagram accounts as soon as they wake up, posting early in the morning can significantly increase engagement.
15. Recent statistics indicate that the average user spends 53 minutes per day using the app. This is a considerable amount of time.
16. In July 2022, Instagram has at least 1.440 billion users worldwide based on its global advertising audience reach numbers.
Boost your professional presence on LinkedIn! Creating engaging content, using popular hashtags, and participating in discussions on other people’s posts can help you generate leads on the site. Create a winning LinkedIn marketing strategy based on these LinkedIn statistics in 2023.
1. With over 875 million members from 200 countries and regions, LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional platform.
2. In 2022, LinkedIn turned 19 years old. In May 2003, the network officially launched, just nine months before the launch of Facebook at Harvard. Among the major social networks still in use today, LinkedIn is the oldest.
3. There are 36 offices and 21,000 employees at LinkedIn. More than 30 offices are located throughout the world, including 10 in the United States.
4. There are 26 languages available on LinkedIn.
5. There are over 12 million LinkedIn members who indicate their availability for employment.
6. 57% of LinkedIn users identified as men, and 43% of LinkedIn users identified as women.
7. Most LinkedIn users come from outside the United States (77%).
8. More than 900 million LinkedIn members are in 200 countries and regions worldwide.
9. Most of LinkedIn’s users are between the ages of 25 and 34.
10. With almost twice the number of followers as Richard Branson behind him in second place, the Microsoft founder is on his own as the most followed personal account on the platform.
11. LinkedIn is used by 49 million people weekly to search for employment.
12. 44% of LinkedIn hirers explicitly use skills data when making their hiring decisions.
13. 365M Skills members have added their accounts over the last 12 months (as of Q1 FY23).
14. There are 58.4M+ Companies listed on LinkedIn with 129K Schools listed and 39K Skills list.
15. According to stats, 10% year-over-year revenue growth is seen (14% in constant currency) in Q2 FY23.
16. In Q2 FY23, 3 members sign up every second.
17. There is a 10X increase in newsletters created year-over-year in Q2 FY23.
1. YouTube has an estimated scaled potential audience of 2.56 billion in October 2022.
2. YouTube receives 15% of its site traffic from the United States.
3. Each minute, YouTube streams 694,000 hours of video.
4. There are 2 billion monthly active users on YouTube, which is visited by nearly a quarter of the world’s population.
5. 53.9% of YouTube users are men, and 46.1% are women. At this time, there is no information about other genders.
6. During the third quarter of 2022, YouTube’s worldwide advertising revenues were 7.07 billion U.S. dollars, a two percent decline year-over-year.
7. YouTube ads are effective, and the statistics support this claim. Seventy percent of YouTube viewers have purchased a product following a YouTube advertisement.
8. YouTube has more than 51 million channels as of 2022. Channel numbers are growing strongly: last year they grew by 36%. Every minute, 500 hours of videos are uploaded on YouTube by people worldwide.
1. Retailers are becoming increasingly aware of the value of influencer marketing. 72.5% of marketers plan to increase their influencer marketing budgets by 2022. Only 5% intend to reduce it.
2. Brands will spend approximately $4.62 billion on influencer marketing campaigns due to the surge in marketing budgets. Between 2021 and 2023, this represents a 25% increase.
3. Approximately $5.20 is earned for every dollar spent on influencer marketing by businesses. You’ll likely get more than $10,000 in orders if you spend $2,000 per month on influencer collaborations (provided you partner with the right ones).
4. The United States is where Influencers get the most deals, followed by Canada, the UK, and Australia.
5. Marketers plan to spend more on influencers by 2023 since it’s a booming industry that shows a great return on investment.
As businesses look for ways to optimize their customer service and marketing efforts, Chatbot & AI usage on social media is becoming increasingly popular. According to recent statistics, over 80% of businesses are currently using chatbots on social media, with more than half expecting an increase in chatbot usage over the next 12 months. Moreover, more than 60% of consumers surveyed said they preferred using chatbots over interacting with customer service agents.
This shows how much the industry has come to rely on this technology trend and how it is becoming a part of everyday life. With the right approach, Chatbot & AI usage can help businesses streamline their customer service and marketing efforts, leading to more efficient operations and better customer experiences.
1. Social media users number 4.7 billion worldwide. Social media is used by 59% of the world’s population. In developed countries, that percentage is much higher.
2. Social media accounts for 36% of adults’ online time. Women aged 25-34 spend 40% of their online time on social media. Social media is used by just 28% of men aged 55-64 on the internet.
3. In terms of how many people are addicted to social media, there are no concrete figures. According to the Addiction Center, 5-10% of Americans are “social media addicts.” In the US alone, 16-33 million people are addicted to social media.
4. Three-quarters of internet users aged 16-24 said they used social media primarily to fill their spare time.
5. It is estimated that 91% of Gen Z’ers are using social media platforms.
6. Social media users who spend three hours or more per day on the platform.
7. WhatsApp is the preferred social media platform of 16.4% of global adults.
8. TikTok is the most popular social media platform among American adults. In an average month, Americans spend 1,393 minutes on TikTok, which amounts to 278 hours a year.
As social media usage continues to grow, so does the need to understand the latest trends and insights to stay ahead of the game. Recent statistics show that more than 80% of all shares are “dark”, which means that marketers need to rethink their advertising strategies and look for more creative ways to reach their target audience.
Additionally, the average user now has accounts on more than 8 social media platforms, and 95% of adults between the ages of 18-34 are most likely to follow a brand through different social media channels. These stats clearly show that businesses need to stay on the top of the latest trends to maximize their social media marketing.
Quixy Achieves a Hatrick in Gartner Peer Insights VoC Report for LCAP
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Targeting cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.