The ever-changing digital landscape is forcing businesses to turn on their “all-things-digital” mode. With the increasing demand, IT departments in any organization are overburdened with work, and it is becoming difficult for one team in an organization to keep up with the changing business needs. Overwhelmed with different software and application requirements, fulfilling all the software needs becomes hard. The backlog keeps increasing, and the lack of a skilled workforce and ever-increasing conditions add to the problem.
This is where the no-code citizen app development comes to the rescue. No-code app development enables users to create their solutions without coding. This helps both ways. As for users, they no longer have to wait for months to get solutions from the IT department. And for software developers, it frees up their headspace to focus more on business-critical tasks.
Here we have complied some known and some very rare no-code low-code facts, trends, forecasts, and statistics for you.
1. The global low-code platform market is forecasted to generate a revenue of $187.0 billion by 2030, increasing from $10.3 billion in 2019, and is expected to reach 31.1% CAGR in the forecast period (2020-2030).
2. 26% of executives named “no-code low-code development platforms” as their most crucial automation investment, which has more than doubled (from 10% to 26%) since COVID-19.
3. 72% of IT leaders now say project backlogs prevent them from working on strategic projects.
4. A recent study finds out that 82 percent of organizations can’t attract and retain the quality and quantity of software engineers. They are willing to build and maintain their apps using no-code low-code techniques.
5. No-code and Low-code are two different things
No-code platforms allow users to create applications and solutions wholly based on visual interface and drag-and-drop. Low code, on the other hand, uses a bit of coding, and both types of platforms make the making of software and solutions for users simple. No-code citizen development can be done by business users with no coding skills. On the other hand, developers with good coding skills are needed to build solutions on low-code platforms.
6. No-code is not limited to simple business apps.
Usually, no-code platforms are used to make simple department-level apps, but with platforms like Quixy complex enterprise-level apps can b created and can help in responding to business challenges.
7. No-code low-code will fill the developer gap.
According to Gartner, the market demand for app development services will grow at least 5x faster than IT capacity to deliver them. No-code is here to help software developers fill this wide IT gap, enabling business users to develop solutions on their own.
8. No-code low-code apps can be customized and are scalable.
No-code low-code is built to improve flexibility and ease of use. The functionality of low-code no-code platforms can be extended anytime according to the need of the users. They are highly scalable and can be modified to fit unique business needs.
9. No-code low-code platforms provide enterprise-grade security.
Security isn’t something that should be taken lightly at any cost. The security of the data, privacy, and protection depends upon the no-code low-code platform you choose. Platforms like Quixy that take security seriously will ensure that the proper controls are put into place to ensure the complete safety of data.
10. No-code is for everyone.
Not just citizen developers, the fact is that no-code low-code allow the collaboration of cross-functional teams in the development of the application. They provide a collaborative environment for different groups to come together and create an application for their unique challenges.
11. Gartner predicts that 65% of the app activity will result from no-code development by 2024.
12. 31% of enterprises using no-code low-code have not used it to build and deliver any of their highest-value applications.
13. According to Gartner, citizen integrator tools are forecasted to reach mainstream adoption in the next 2 to 5 years.
14. Almost 60% of the custom apps are now built outside the IT department. Of those, 30% are built by employees with limited or no technical skills.
15. The mixture of low-code/no-code and conventional innovation is projected to be adopted by 75% of businesses.
16. According to Gartner, the market for no-code low-code development platforms is to increase to $26.9 billion by 2023, up from $3.8 billion in 2017.
17. Citizen integrator tools i.e., no-code low-code tools will reach mainstream adoption in 2-5 years.
18. 47% of the developers said that lack of access to the tools necessary to produce apps quickly enough to fulfil deadlines. And 41% of developers want more than 50% of the apps to be developed on low-code platforms.
19. Gartner predicts that 75% of the large enterprise will be using at least four no-code low-code development tools for IT and citizen development initiatives by 2024.
20. Gartner’s study reveals that by 2023, the number of active citizen developers at large enterprises will be at least four times the number of professional developers.
21. More than 80% of the firms say citizen developers are becoming increasingly important to their organizations.
22. 82% of the businesses feel citizen developers will become more important in two years.
23. A recent study by McKinsey found organizations that empower citizen developers score 33% higher on innovation measures than those that do not.
24. Gartner predicts active citizen developers will be at least 4X the number of professional developers’ at large enterprises by 2023.
25. Microsoft anticipates that the 500 million apps it expects will be created over the next five years, 450 million will be designed on no-code low-code platforms.
26. Gartner estimates by 2025, 70% of new applications developed by enterprises will use no-code or low-code technologies (up from less than 25% in 2020).
27. No-code low-code will make it to the mainstream in 2021, with 75% of development shops adopting this platform.
28. 41% of developers want more than half of their organization’s app development to be no-code low-code.
29. Gartner predicts No-Code Low-Code application platforms are expected to remain the most significant component of the no-code low-code technology market through 2023, increasing nearly 30.2% from 2020 to reach $9.9 billion in 2023.
30. Gartner predicts that half of all new no-code low-code clients will come from business buyers outside the IT organization by year-end 2025.
31. The global no-code low-code platform market is forecast to amount to $65 billion U.S. dollars by 2027.
32. Gartner predicts that by 2023, over 50% of medium to large enterprises will have adopted a low-code or no-code as one of their strategic application platforms. Moreover, the covid-19 pandemic has created pressure to deliver digital solutions.
33. Gartner predicts, by 2024, 80% of technology products and services will be built by those who are not technology professionals.
34. No-code low-code platforms can reduce the development time by 90%.
35. The average company avoided hiring two IT developers using no-code low-code tools. This reaped about a $4.4 million increase in business value over three years from applications designed.
36. Forrester found that no-code low-code software development helps developers make cloud-native applications more than 10-times faster (with 70% fewer resources).
37. Projected no-code low-code development year-over-year market growth rate is estimated to be 25% in 2023.
38. 84% of the enterprise have turned toward no-code low-code to reduce strain on IT resources, increase speed-to-market and involve the business in digital asset development.
39. IT is the second-largest area for businesses to address potential skill gaps after data science.
40. 82% of firms say custom app development outside of IT is important.
41. 64% of the enterprises using low-code to run top applications say they turn to low-code because it is the most flexible option.
42. 49% of organizations using low-code say it has the greatest ability to automate processes, while 50% say they use low-code because it has the fastest speed of delivery.
43. Gartner estimates 73% of CFOs agree or strongly agree that their organization is using digital tools to help streamline and automate operations.
44. Engineers spend 33% of their time managing technical debt. Software engineers are unable to concentrate on creating the tools organisations need to scale their operations and provide better customer service because of this major hindrance.
45. A business invests $3.61 on average for each line of code. At 300,000 lines of code (LOC), the average application size, equals $1,083,000 for each programme.
46. According to statistics, more than 50% of workers are dissatisfied with their professions as a result of the software tools they use, and roughly 25% of respondents claimed they’ve thought about quitting their positions as a result.
47. 82% of businesses can not attract or retain their software developers or engineers. These numbers are more threatening now in the times of Great Resignation.
48. According to the survey, mentioned below are the low-code use cases from Gartner:
49. Top application by low-code is also low-code use cases
50. 47% of the organizations are still not using low-code development platforms as they lack knowledge.
51. 5% of the low-code application user believe that it is clunky.
52. Only 12% of the organizations use low-code no-code platforms after buying them.
53. 37% of the organizations are concerned about the “lock-in” with no-code/low-code vendors.
54. 32% of organizations don’t believe we could build the types of apps we need.
55. 25% of organizations are concerned about the scalability of the apps created.
56. 1/4th of the organisations opting for no-code/low-code are concerned about the security of data.
Given the numbers above, one thing is quite apparent no-code and low-code are the next big thing in software development, whether you like it or not. The sooner your organization starts sowing the seeds of no-code citizen development, the better your organizational growth. Quixy offers best-in-class no-code solutions for you to leverage your employees’ true potential and organization. Book a call with our experts to know more.
Quixy Ranks in ICONIQ Growth Report for 2022