This article was first published in Deccan Chronicle
Digital transformation demands a cultural change in enterprises in terms of how technologically enabled their workforce can be. However, at the operational level, the degree of digital transformation is related to the degree of agility in an enterprise.
A company that is agile and regularly automates its superfluous, paper-based procedures is well on its way to digitally transforming.
Even though most businesses understand that automation leads to higher KPIs and business success, the average automation level in organizations is still about 20%.
Here are a few possible explanations:
1. The leadership lacks the vision and drive to automate outdated applications and create an agile workforce capable of adapting to changing technology, processes, and business needs.
2. Organizations lack the tools to develop automation solutions in a timely, agile, and cost-effective manner.
3. Organizations fail to define the scope of automation effectively. They set out to automate everything but ended up automating nothing. There is no one-size-fits-all automation solution, and finding the best fit takes time and effort. Some automation solutions, for example, are simple to set up but have little functionality (you can automate but cannot customize workflows).
4. Organizations lack a flexible staff (where non-programmers can build process automation applications). Instead, their in-house or outsourced technology teams are solely responsible for workflow automation. A large IT backlog can overwhelm project teams and jeopardize the innovation initiative.
70% of large-scale automation projects fail to meet their objectives. Traditional development approaches (traditional coding and low-code development) haven’t held up well over time and are out of step with today’s digital economy.
When it comes to implementing enterprise-wide automation, No-Code checks all the boxes.
1. Non-technical staff (HRs, marketers, salespeople, etc.) can build customized applications by dragging and dropping components (like lego bricks) – without writing a single line of code – with the correct no-code platform. They can play with technology using no code, feeling empowered and inspired to contribute toward rapid innovation.
2. No-code apps can be easily monitored and maintained by IT teams. Instead of being burdened with day-to-day troubleshooting, they can use their knowledge to achieve broader innovative goals.
3. Compared to traditional or low-code development, the software development life cycle with no-code app development is substantially shorter. As a result, no-code is ideal for scenarios involving continual iterations and agile transformations. It minimizes costs by allowing business users to participate in the solution development process (by decreasing the need for highly skilled or experienced programmers).
4. To drastically reduce the process difficulties, enterprises should aim for 100% automation. In other words, they should aim for 100% no-code adoption. Business and technical teams may collaborate to move toward a paperless environment by creating intelligent automation solutions for their critical goals using no-code platforms. There are also no-code systems that can automate CRM, help desk support, travel and expense management, and organizational training management, to name a few.
5. Launching your MVP (a preliminary but usable version of your product) is an intelligent method to evaluate your business model and stay on track with digital transformation. MVPs aid in the development of shared knowledge of what works and what doesn’t in the end user’s experience. It might give you ideas on positioning your product competitively and using your resources best.
No-code platforms are designed to create a working MVP with a substantially shorter software development life cycle (SDLC) and faster time-to-value, unlike traditional coding. You may shift your focus from technical issues to user experience and go-to-market tactics using no-code. Furthermore, you may quickly respond to comments from stakeholders by changing your solution on the fly.
6. Turning existing services, competencies, and processes into digital assets is only one aspect of digital transformation. It also extends the enterprise’s capabilities by combining functional third-party solutions with no-code apps.
No-code platforms easily integrate current systems with legacy technologies and configure APIs using plug-in components. They can graphically depict all-important software components, including third-party integrations, in a visual UI that allows them to be easily customized.
These third-party integrations can help businesses do things like:
Also read: Top 12 Benefits of No-Code App Development
Organizations worldwide are migrating to a hybrid workforce model, where IT assistance for remote business users may not be accessible on demand. Non-technical personnel should embrace no-code development rather than burden remote or on-premise IT teams with routine troubleshooting.
Digital Transformation is no more an option but a need for survival. It’s about time organizations start leveraging the potential of democratizing app development and accelerating innovation by enabling business users to create solutions without writing a single line of code rather than burdening remote or on-premise IT teams with routine troubleshooting. No-code platforms are expanding and providing an excellent opportunity for business and IT leaders to achieve their primary strategic objectives, the most important of which is digital transformation.
Enterprises are embarking on an extraordinary journey to write their own digital transformation story. But here’s the twist: they can now do it without ever touching a line of code! Thanks to the remarkable rise of no-code platforms like Quixy, the power to innovate, create, and deploy custom digital solutions rests in the hands of business users. It’s a tale of boundless creativity and collaboration, where every employee becomes a protagonist in shaping the future. With no-code tools, enterprises unleash their imagination, accelerate transformation, and unlock the true potential of their workforce. In this digital-first saga, the art of storytelling embraces a new chapter, where coding expertise takes a backseat, and the realm of possibility knows no bounds. So, let the pen be wielded, and the digital transformation story unfolds, one empowered enterprise at a time.
Quixy Achieves a Hatrick in Gartner Peer Insights VoC Report for LCAP